Not totally photo related, not just a journal. A bit of both.

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Facebook group "Goth Chicks-Abnormal Outcast's Society" steals copyrighted images

It was brought to my attention this afternoon that the Facebook group "Goth Chicks-Abnormal Outcast's Society" has several of my images posted by the admin Scott Rowley. Turns out there are over 4000 images in the group, most of which are not his to post. I have seen images by local photographers, models I have shot, and some quite famous images as well.

If you are on Facebook, and are an alt model or a photographer who shoots them, you may want to check the group and see if he has posted any of your images. If you are a model, I suggest contacting the photographer so he or she can file a Notification of Alleged Copyright Infringement to Facebook against Scott Rowley and the Goth Chicks Abnormal Outcast Society group requesting the removal of all images. This can be done via the "report this image" link on the page where image is found. I have already filed one for my images, but each person infringed upon needs to do it for themselves.

The Admin has no grasp of copyright so it is not worth getting in a discussion with him.

UPDATE: At about 23:50 hrs 10-13-08 the group was deleted (or perhaps suspended) by Facebook staff.

Mike

Mike Wood Photography

No comments: