Not totally photo related, not just a journal. A bit of both.

Monday, October 27, 2008

Fractal Fall

Fractal Fall, 2008

Same tree canopy as blue and orange, 2008, but photographed cloud and contrail free at a different but still near vertical angle. I had a final composition like this in mind when I shot the tree, hence the edge composition in the other one too. I flipped and mirrored one shot horizontally and vertically in 4 different layers and upped the contrast and shifted the blue hue about 15 points darker. It ended up being about a 120MB Tiff file that I flattened and exported in Lightroom where it became a hefty 34MB JPEG.

I have five images up in a local Starbucks here in London for the month of December, so I am playing with ideas as I can't post my usual work with nudes and models there. I am trying other things for fun. In the end it will probably will be black and white landscapes heheh.

** and yes I know it's not technically a Mandelbrot-esque fractal.

Mike

Mike Wood Photography

1 comment:

PastormacsAnn said...

What a terrific photo! I'm amazed at the way you manipulated it and the result is stunning.

Great photo for Carmi's theme this week