Not totally photo related, not just a journal. A bit of both.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Sometimes a flower is just a flower.

Blossoming Ovaries, 2009

Same day I photographed the church, I photographed an apple tree covered in blossoms in an orchard I probably shouldn't have been in near London. I found a nice isolated branch and shot the base image for this.

Bright blue sky, circular polarizer at a good angle from the sun, upped the contrast and saturation in Lightroom, then rotated and mirrored in CS3. I felt that the final image had a slight reproductive diagram composition, and my friend Stacey in Florida suggested something in commenting on the image which resulted in the title I am now using.

Looks great large and I don't mean click on the image large, I mean the original 8021 x 2387 pixels large. :)

Mike

Mike Wood Photography

No comments: