Not totally photo related, not just a journal. A bit of both.

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

been too long

nothing in the distance

So I have sucked at blogging. I almost gave it up. I have found being on the computer tough as my shoulder has been bothering me. I edit pics, chat now n then and that's about it. But I want to put pen to paper now n then, so I am going to give this a go. I enjoy writing and it was my first passion before photography. I feel like I am cheating myself by not doing it. I do it for me first. And for the odd reader second. And I know there is no one reading now for sure. :)

Shooting has slowed down to the point that I need to find a 'real job' again but I have done some awesome shots and worked with some super great models ( like Leia above whom I have shot several times since July ) and friends in the past few months. It was a fantastic summer and I was very lucky to be able to take the time to express some long pent up photographic creativity with some beautiful girls. Probably the best all round summer in 20 years.

I have been updating mikewoodphotography.com and the flickr page for sure, just not much in the way of writing. One thing I have not been doing too much of, despite being enamoured with the site at first, is Facebook. I got sick and tired of receiving the massive number of install this tool/gadget/wall/toy/app messages. I got quite a few every day and they were just well, not me. Or news flashes, so to speak, on who is dating not dating, single and so on. I am not that voyeuristic when peering into people's lives. I leave that to my camera work and with models. :)

I am going to ease back into updating stuff on there and the group I created on it - which should have some content soon I promise. And the Myspace as well. See how it goes. But I tell you one thing: contact me via my email address or the form on my web site if its photo related and not just chit chat that can wait. Facebook is a great tool for networking, but I need to be in front of my computer to check messages on it - or pay Bell Mobility for more bandwidth to check AFK and I dont want to do that. So as a result I have not been checking the FB mail at all in probably 2 months. I know there is a bit there, and I apologize for that, but email is email. I can check that from my phone.

I am looking forward to more creative shoots in the coming months. There will be more Kat, Violet, Leia, Jennifer, Meaghan, Melony, Jaclyn and others coming up when there is time to do em. And if you are interested in working with me or hiring me, get in touch.

Watch this space for more. Soon.

Mike Wood
mikewoodphotography.com

No comments: