Not totally photo related, not just a journal. A bit of both.

Monday, September 7, 2009

Labour Day shots pt 1

For Pepin & Drouin, 5 CER, 2009

I have been stressing over the need to move by the end of October (leads always appreciated if you are in London or St Thomas) and over money in general - or the lack there of. So shooting photos has been sparse. I have not been able to get in the zone and have been, I was going to say disappointed, but that wouldn't be right. Non-plussed by my efforts this summer might be more accurate.

So on the way back to the apartment from the house sitting I was doing for the past couple of weeks for my newly married friends Leanne and Chris, I decided I would break out the camera and see what turned up.

It was, by no means, a direct route home.

The above photo was taken at the Husky truck stop on the 401 just East of London, Ontario. Maj. Yannick Pepin, 36, and Cpl. Jean-François Drouin, 31, of #5 Combat Engineer Regiment, Canadian Forces, were killed Sunday in Afghanistan when an IED hit their armoured vehicle in the Dand district southwest of Kandahar city around noon local time. Radio Canada had reporters in the convoy when it happened and they said that the LAV was flipped on its roof from the blast.

They are the 128th and 129th Canadian soldiers to die in Afghanistan since the mission began in 2002.

More photos from today to follow.


Mike

Mike Wood Photography

No comments: